Monday, August 3, 2009

344 Days until the Big Five-0

Sarcasm, who cares???

Electronic prose is not the place for sarcasm. You cannot hear the intonation, or see the sly grin. You cannot add a gesture with your hands to help keep the sting out of the words. So, when on Face Book or typing in emails, remember they can’t “hear” and simply read your words without realizing how they are intended.

I have always liked the fact that I am sarcastic. Actually I have been down right proud of my sarcastic nature. But over the years it has been pointed out to me on more than one occasion that too much of a good thing can be bad, and so it must be with my sarcasm. I must tone it down. Therefore, I am going on a sarcasm diet. I will limit myself to being sarcastic when in person and only 43 times a day (this is a DRAMATIC reduction).

However, I reserve the right to be endlessly sarcastic on MY Blog, besides we all know no one but you and I are ever going to read this. Hello D, my lone ranger reader. Hi-O Silver Kimasabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment