Wednesday, July 22, 2009

355 Days until the Big 50

Lesson Learned

Today’s blog entry was accidentally deleted which is why the “Out of Sync” blog entry is a blank space. I mourn the loss of my words. They were actually very clever and I laughed often while writing about many different things including Chuck E Cheese’s, my husband, my best friend who goes by the initial R, my garbage disposal, science fiction, and a long hidden list of why life is unfolding as it is. I bet that you all would have loved it. Unfortunately I attempted to type directly into the blog and tried editing something and the next thing I knew it disappeared. I searched through all of outer space, but when I found the title there were no words in the Body of the document so I decided to do something REALLY stupid and hit “save” on the document in order to ensure it became nothing but a blank page forever and ever. I realized the mistake the minute I did it. So, I did what I always do, I self medicate with carbohydrates and walked my dog and mentally kicked myself in the ass for at least 2 more hours. By that time, after two hours of writing and two hours of mentally kicking myself in the ass, the morning was gone. I left to do a very brief work out at the health club and then I had an appointment to have my hair colored and cut. All in all I would have to say it was a rather unproductive day.

Since one of my “Turning 50 Years Old” Resolutions is to become the eternal optimist and to not let little things get me down, I have decided to create a silver lining by saying this all happened so I could “learn a lesson.” The lesson learned is so simple I cannot believe it took me the horror of losing a piece of potential Pulitzer caliber writing to get me to TYPE EVERYTHING IN WORD FIRST!! There is a reason it is called “word perfect” and it is because of all the added features like spell check and fancy other stuff. So, never again will you have to face a blank page on my blog. I am going to type it 100 times: I will type everything in Word Perfect First and then Copy and Paste into the Blog. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment