Tuesday, February 2, 2010

286 Days Until the Big Five-0

In order to become current with this blog so I am truly only 286 days away from turning FIFTY tomorrow, I will need to enter over 100 separate blog postings between now and midnight. I wonder if I can do that. I guess if I made a bunch of short entries and worked diligently throughout the day, I might actually succeed. But would it be any fun to read or would it be a load of rushed crap thrown in so I could feel I am accomplishing the task I set out to when I first began. Not to mention, I would then need to type something every day from tomorrow until July 11th to stay current. But would those entries be fun or poignant, captivating, exhilarating, or some other positive adjective I can dig up from the bowels of my brain? Should I go for quantity over quality, or neither one? Maybe I should just keep pace with the slowskies, those adorable Turtle Spokes ”persons” for that company whose name I cannot recall (so much for their effective advertising, I remember the gimmick but not the company name). I can simply stroll through time and internet space without thought to achieving my original goal which would closely resemble the rest of the way I have managed my life, aimlessly, ditching goals when they go from being motivators to nasty reminders of my lack of discipline. I remember wearing a T Shirt in the early 1970’s that said “keep on Treckin or was it or was it truckin. I guess I could go look it up on google as a way to procrastinate.

Sometimes even being a slow poke takes a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment