Thursday, August 6, 2009

341 Days until the Big Five-0

Okay, Bruce Sprinsteen is on the cover of AARP magazine. Is he the only person to ever be on the cover of Time, Newsweek, Rolling Stone AND AARP? I bet he is. I will be turning Fifty and he will be turning Sixty. What does this say about us?? Me and Bruce. I think we both still seem pretty young. Will his next album be Tramps Like Us Baby we were born to use Walkers?? Electric Scooters? I can hear the songs now.

Climb in back, heaven's waiting on down the track, no really, it is. It is a lot closer than we realize. We may really get there before the song ends, but I hope not. I think Bruce and I still have a few good songs and concerts left in us. If he can do it, I can do it. Luckily I no longer need to sleep in parking lots all night in order to score a ticket to a Bruce Concert. I will simply enter the AARP Contest and win them!

No comments:

Post a Comment